Pages

Powered By Blogger

23 Nov 2012

Why Foundation Diploma?





Currently I am at the Southern Regional College in Newry studying a Foundation Diploma course in Art and Design.
I started this course in September 2012 after completing my A levels in June 2012. I was extremely happy with my results, being ACC. With having the choice of applying for university I wasn't sure what course I wanted to apply for or which university I wanted to attend to. 
My art teacher recommended me to apply for the Foundation Diploma in Art and Design before throwing myself into a course which I didn’t want to do. 
I am very glad that I am doing this course before heading to university. It is allowing me to experiment and explore different medias and techniques which I wouldn't have been able to do in school.
Now I feel that I know myself better as an artist by having my own style and knowing which medias and aspects of art which are more relevant to me. I also have a better knowledge of what universities and courses I should be applying for. 
This foundation course helps to build my portfolio and prepare me for university.
 I will be uploading my work and you will be able to see my development throughout the year.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment